Friday, January 26, 2018

Catnapping

If abducting a person is kidnapping, I guess taking a cat is catnapping and I'm guilty without intent.  At any rate, Missy seems to have settled in to "her" room.  I did take the cat bed down to the barn.  It's not large, but neither is she, and it has a semi-covered section, perfect for a drafty building.  When I went down yesterday, Missy was snuggled down and comfy, so much so that she just looked up at me and wasn't willing to get out of bed simply because I showed up.  Hey, I'm happy she's happy.

The predicted snow passed us by.  I'd actually hoped for a flurry or two; it never lasts long and is so lovely over the fields and trees and I didn't have to go anywhere.  It wasn't that we were having a heat wave because it was bloody cold all day.  Stove did his best to keep up, but it was hard work.  I learned my lesson and gave him an early start again today.  I'm drinking a lot more hot chocolate these days.  Holding a hot cup is one way to thaw out frozen fingers after chores.

The house critters and I are guilty of catnapping in the more traditional sense.  Wrapped in an afghan with a couple of cats on my lap, getting warm and sleepy come at about the same time.  I'm not on any timetable, so I nap whenever without apology.  The cats and Bess Anne fall asleep if they close their eyes for two seconds.  They may dream of many things, but apologizing is not one of them.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

That was a warm, comfy, cozy, and fuzzy blog. Sounds like Missy has picked her happy place, and it's not like she couldn't return to any other home any time she wants. And yay for naps - I'm all for them. A recliner couch has a magic touch in my house!