Monday, January 8, 2018

Old Habits

Oh crum.  I was doing so well, but some old habits are hard to break and yesterday I fell right back into "work a day (or two) and then take a day off."  I'd hoped that partial success and momentum would keep the DIN ball rolling, but no.  I got sucked in watching a special performance by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, on PBS, of course.  Even with all her publicity, I'd never seen or heard Lady Gaga and was curious.  She and Tony (he's been around so long, I feel I can call him Tony) performed many old, wonderful standards and they were great together.  Immediately following that came a documentary on Janis Joplin and I was stuck again.  I may have mentioned I have rather eclectic tastes.  I was busy (that's an understatement) with four little Kids during the '60s, but was still aware of the rock-and-roll music scene, San Francisco hippies, and Woodstock.  "Me And Bobby McGee" was a favorite at the time; Janis did Kris Kristofferson's song proud.  It's too bad that fame did not bring her happiness.  I'm really glad that there was no special by Buffy Sainte-Marie because then the entire day would have been shot down.  (I have a lot of 8-track tapes and LPs by Buffy Sainte-Marie.)

Weather is really coming in today and I was going to post a descriptive photo of last night's sunset, glowing red at the skyline with lowering clouds overhead, but my internet provider is once again having difficulties and I'm unable to access my emails.  Sigh.
 Well, that didn't take long...problem fixed!

No comments: