Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Poor Timing

The heavy rain had stopped by daybreak yesterday and it was just a misty morning.  The girls found that tolerable and went out grazing in the pastures, but I left the barn open just in case.  The weatherman had assured me the bulk of the storm had passed, but....  We got over five inches of steady rain in two days and nights and were ready for a break.

Believe me, I'm not complaining.  The poor people in SoCal and also up in NorCal who had suffered through the wildfires of summer are now being devastated by horrendous mudslides from denuded hills.  Homes and roads that escaped the fire are being destroyed by rivers of mud and debris.  The east coast has been locked in ice and snow.  It's been a pretty rough year, weatherwise.

At any rate, I was getting ready to walk out the door for the dreaded trip to town when Nature said, "Oh, no, lady.  That would be a no-go for you," and turned her waterworks on full blast.  I checked to make sure there was enough cat food for one more day, put my purse down, and fed Stove another chunk of wood.  I wasn't going anywhere, and was very glad the girls had a place to get in out of the rain.

Capricious as always, Nature turned off the faucet by what I could only assume was sundown. 

No comments: