Thursday, January 4, 2018

DIN Delayed

I've been thinking about going into The Black Hole of Calcutta and finally doing something about that disaster of a room.  I've been thinking about it for, oh, a couple of years now.  As long as I keep the door closed, it's "out of sight, out of mind."  When Deb was here for Christmas, she asked to borrow one of my beading pattern books, saying she would make a copy and return it to me.  I got to thinking about that (thinking always gets me into trouble) and decided that my beading days were over and as long as she had an interest, there was no reason not to give her all my books and magazines on beading.  There was a time I beaded anything that didn't move and made a ton of jewelry.  Enthusiasm always exceeded common sense and I bought way more beads than needed for any project at hand and there are boxes and trays and even a cabinet full of beads, all in The Black Hole.  Therein lies the rub.  If I'm going to give the pattern books to Deb, there is no reason not to give her the beads, also.  In order to get to the beads and books, I'm going to finally have to break down and enter that forbidden realm.  DIN has become a reality, like it or not.

I've also been thinking (that word again) about my dad lately.  Rummaging around in the freezer for something for dinner, I found a package of frozen sausage patties.  Aha!  I always have cans of hominy on hand for several favorite recipes.  Sausage and hominy was one of Daddy's favorite simple meals, so what to fix last night was a no-brainer.  Gosh, it was good.  Daddy would have been so pleased.

As predicted, rain started falling sometime after dark.  What wasn't foretold was the accompanying wind.  It's a proper storm out there this morning.  The girls won't be happy and, as always, I worry about the trees, but we definitely need the rain.  I'll leave the big room open in the barn and I've got plenty of firewood up at the house, so we can weather this weather.  Nature has conspired to keep me inside to do some cleaning.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

As horrible as the black hole looms, I bet, when you get into it, you will find some fun stuff indeed. I'll pray for you...haha.