Friday, January 5, 2018

On Duty

The overnight rain had stopped by daybreak and when I went down to the barn yesterday, the wind had dropped to a breeze.  I left the play yard open for the girls just in case, but left the big room closed.  It turned into a really lovely day, definitely too nice for housework.  Besides, the guard pig who stops all who would enter The Black Hole was on duty.  She was given to me years ago by a sister-in-law, and she actually has two outfits.  The other is more for dress-up, but I leave her in her housemaid's costume so it looks like somebody around here actually works.  Letting Bess out for her morning constitutional just now, I see that we had rain again last night.  If today is grey and gloomy, I may try to bribe Guard Pig.  She'd probably be glad to give her arms a rest and let me in.

A friend, Kathy V., had sent me a care package of goodies from her kitchen for Christmas: jams, dried figs, and a fruitcake!  In my book, fruitcake is a perfectly acceptable dinner, and I dined well last night and enjoyed a tasty snack of figs later.

I haven't posted a photo of a sunset since last year (okay, maybe a week ago).  Here's a good start to a new year.

No comments: