Tuesday, January 16, 2018

If You Must

Lumped and bumped and colorful, I could have used another day off, but there are those things that can't be put off.  The birds were completely out of birdseed and I didn't want to get mugged by a gang of hungry turkeys.  The girls were running low on goat chow, too, so Bess and I made the trek down to Mt. Aukum.  There were a lot of things I'd rather have done than go out in public with this shiner, but ya' do what must be done.  I was laughing inside at Dave's and Patrick's startled expressions when they saw me.

Another "must do" was to bring up more firewood to the porch as the rack was down to the last four pieces.  The last couple of days have been pretty nice, but nearly a week's worth of rain is predicted in the forecast and while it's a chore to bring wagon loads up in good weather, it's a real drag to run out while it's raining.

In response to Kit's comment yesterday, I honestly had thought about getting one of those crime scene cleanup crews to come in, but decided that when no crime had been committed, it probably wasn't appropriate.  I'm still working my way through the house.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I applaud you for going out...whether you wanted to or not. You could make up some big whoppers to tell the gawkers...but the truth is amazing enough. I hope each day is better than the one before!