Saturday, January 6, 2018

Better Than None

It was grey and gloomy yesterday so I'd lost my best excuse.  I had a talk with Guard Pig and she granted permission to enter The Black Hole on condition that I did not stay too long.  What could I do?  I had to agree.  I guess a slow start is better than none.

Part of (make that most of) the problem with the Black Hole is that I don't know what to do with a lot of the stuff in there.  It's the one room where I've allowed my hoarding instincts to go wild.  There was a time when a new craft would come on the scene and I would throw caution to the wind and dive in at the deep end.  Passionate about whatever the trend might be, I would buy every color of, say, polymer clay, or yarn, or material, or paint.  There are large spools of elegant ribbons, and I haven't even touched on all the beads.  Eventually I would move on to the next new thing, but all of the unused stuff would pile up in The Black Hole.  What does one do with boxes of yarn and chests of material?  I'm incapable of throwing it into the trash.  I did break down a number of empty boxes stored in there to take to recycle.  You just never know when you might need a good box, but there is another supply of those out on the deck.  I'd hate to be left with none.  Sigh.

There is a dearth of snow in the mountains and that doesn't bode well for this summer, but I could get used to the wet weather this week.  We're getting some good rain, but only at night.  Even though it was overcast yesterday, the roads would have been dry and it wasn't cold enough to call Stove to duty.  It also keeps the girls happy.

It's raining again out there in the dark this morning.  Maybe I'll have another talk with Guard Pig today.  Or not.

No comments: