Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hit And Miss

The weekends have turned into actual weekends, what with all the cooking shows on Saturday and football on Sunday.  The Steelers are going up against the Jacksonville Jaguars today and the winner may play in the Super Bowl.  Not that I'm biased, but GO STEELERS!

I was so happy to hear from Larry yesterday.  He was telling me about sitting on the beach and talking to the gentleman next to him.  Turned out the guy's cousin was a friend of the Kids and had lived across the street from us in Chino.  How's that for "six degrees of separation"?  Larry's next news had my jaw dropping.  He casually mentioned that warning sirens had sounded across the island, warning of a ballistic missile headed for Hawaii(Oahu).  Oh my God!  The all-clear did not go out for 45 minutes when the powers that be admitted it was a mistake.  Larry seems to have taken this event in stride, but I can imagine the panic this caused.

Larry dodged that one, but I took a hit of my own last night.  Waking from my pre-bed nap in the chair, I started to walk across the room, didn't see the cat, tripped and smacked my head on the banister.  Stunned, I tried to get up and hit the other side of my head on the heavy end table.  Crum!  Scalp wounds bleed profusely.  I've never seen so much blood ever.  Walking through the house this morning was like walking through an abattoir.  I've got a major clean up to do today, and it is definitely a DIN project.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

That sound so awful.... Do you have big bumps today on your head?

Looks like many rainy days ahead.. I know we need them, but prefer the sun....

Kathryn Williams said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday from my phone, but the phone went goofy and I never got back to it. HOLY MOLY, WOMAN! That fall sounds AWFUL, but I'm so glad that you were not left on the abattoir floor all night. What a nightmare! Celeste and Ralph...MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT when you hear the recliner pop back into the upright position and the landing gear is down!