Sunday, July 8, 2018

Going Up

Back in the day before elevators were push-button, self-serve, there were elevator operators who would ask, "Going up?"  That would have been an unnecessary question yesterday as temperatures soared up into the 90s.  Aarrgh.  I was glad it was a Saturday as I had a ready-made excuse to do little to nothing.  After spending most of the day watching cooking shows, I discovered that the Belmont Breeders Cup horse races were televised.  Oh goody!  I filled a spray bottle with water to keep by my chair and frequently spritzed face and arms to cope with the heat.  Cats and dog laid motionless most of the day like furry throw rugs, only getting up to move to a cooler spot.  NASCAR was having a night race at Daytona.  I don't do well with night races because I fall asleep.  That's what happens when you wake up at 4 a.m., and that's what I did last evening.  I missed most of the race.  Phooey.

No comments: