Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Blip

I'd written the blog, checked Facebook, and was on the third of my mandatory three games of solitaire (I am nothing if not a creature of habit) when "blip" the power went out yesterday.  Oh crum.  No water, no fan, no TV, no nothing.  It took a total re-think of the plans for the day.  The only thing I could think of that didn't take electricity in one way or the other was dusting.  Aarrgh.  Good old PG&E was on the ball and ta da! got us up and running in about a half hour and I was saved from that terrible fate.  Life went on as usual.

I'm a little worried about Inga.  For two days running, she has not finished her nighttime treat nor wanted her breakfast cereal.  She has been eating alfalfa during the day and does not appear to be losing weight, but it's just not like her to skip a meal.  Inga is by far the oldest girl in the diminishing herd and I know her time is coming, but I'm never ready for the end.  Maybe the heat has caused her to lose her appetite.

Since we once again had water, I threw a load of clothes in the washer.  I was down to my last clean pair of bibbies, but with animals, there's no telling how long they'd stay clean.  I also mixed up four quarts of juice for the hummers, just in case.  I filled the big pot of water for the wild things, as I do every morning.  I never know what it is that comes during the night, but in hot weather, it is nearly empty every day, poor things.

The Dynamic Duo are coming this morning to finish the onerous job of cleaning the shed.    That only takes boy power.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad your power outage was just a blip. I talked to a friend today who lives in Midway, Utah, near Park City, and she said that the smoke FROM THE CALIFORNIA FIRES has gotten all the way there, making a weird haze. I'm gobsmacked (learned that from you!)