Tuesday, July 17, 2018

More Of The Same

"La-de-da-de-dee.  La-de-da-de-dah.  And the heat goes on."  (Apologies to Sonny and Cher.)

I'm in a seemingly unending battle with a ground squirrel down in Missy's room.  Dang-It had burrowed up in the corner by the door, leaving an opening bigger than a saucer and a mound of dirt at the side.  Every morning I push the dirt back in the hole, and the next morning we do it all over again.  Every. Single. Morning.  This squirrel has been sent to plague me.  I'm on the second coffee can in which to keep Missy's cat food because Dang-It has chewed holes in the lids.  I started hiding the can buried in the goat chow barrel, but Dang-It has figured a way to knock the lid off the barrel to get to the goodies.  I've been pretty much a live-and-let-live person, but that could change.

Speaking of killing (did I say that out loud?), there have been a couple of Black Widow spiders in the milking room.  Those little beasties are hard to kill, fast as greased lightning they are, darting back into dark, unreachable crevices.  However, they create unmistakable white puffball egg sacs suspended out in the open.  I have no compunction in squooshing that sac, knowing I'm wiping out a generation (200-900) of spiders.  Ha HA!

Larry has joined a just-for-fun baseball team called the Poi Dogs.  Yesterday he sent me this photo.  Didn't I say he is having fun?

Best of all, Deb called and said she and Craig are going to make a hit-and-run visit on Saturday, coming up and then leaving early in the day to beat the heat.  My cup runneth over.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

What a GREAT action shot of Larry!!