Monday, July 16, 2018

Half Baked

I may be half baked now, but given the prediction is for mid to high 90s for the next ten days or so here, I expect to be fully done by then.  'Nuff said.

Heat notwithstanding, it's been a grand week, a piecemeal family reunion of sorts.  It started with that great call from Dave, and then I got my Saturday morning catch-up call from Deb, followed by Clay's surprise visit.  Just when I was thinking it couldn't get much better, Larry called from Hawaii yesterday.  He's still paddle-boarding with giant sea turtles and having the time of his life.  As much as I miss him, knowing my Kid is happy is worth the world.

Holding out as long as I could, I didn't go to the store until late afternoon.  I wished I could have taken Bessie Anne with me so she could enjoy the A/C, too, but no way would I leave her in the truck while I went in the store and unfortunately dogs are not permitted inside.  Why is it we silly humans feel it necessary to burden ourselves like pack mules to bring as many, if not all, the bags of groceries in the house in one trip?  I know I'm not the only one who does this.  If I was sweating when I left the house, I was dripping when I got everything inside.

It was a long day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Yep, knowing one's kids are happy, is what it is all about!