Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Lost And Found

Setting up for Inga's breakfast prior to bringing her in yesterday, suddenly I was joined by Missy!  She appeared out of nowhere without a sound.  I hadn't seen hide nor hair of her for days and days.  In fact, I'd pretty well decided that she had moved on, if not to greener pastures, perhaps to a mousier barn.  I'd continued to put down kibble and some days the bowl would be empty, but I could not be sure if Missy and I were just on different schedules or if some ground squirrel (there's been evidence that they're back) was starting to purr from the change in diet.  At any rate, it was so nice to see my little waif again.  Missy must have had a rough start in life as she seems to have stunted growth; she never gets any bigger.

It was the day for the lost to be found.  I can't remember the last time I'd seen Waldo, well over a month, for sure.  Black and white piglets are scattered through the house, but no sign of pink Waldo, Celeste's favorite.  Going past the stairwell yesterday, I glanced down and there he was on the steps!  I did a double take just to make sure.  Yep, it was Waldo.  I don't know if Celeste had him stashed safely somewhere all this time or if Ralph had been playing a mean trick on his sister.  I'll never get the full story, but I do like happy endings.

No comments: