Friday, July 20, 2018

Ranting!

Whatever I might have thought about writing today has gone completely from my mind, thanks to TWO hours spent on the phone with tech support while trying to access the server, without which I was dead in the water.  Finally needing the unhelpful help of a supervisor, who completely wiped out my entire computer history in the process, I'm reasonably back in business.  Let's just say I'm in no mood to write about warm fuzzies and tweeting birdies just now.  Whenever working with tech support, I do my darndest to be patient and friendly; after all, I'm asking for their help and need them on my side.  However, as in that famous line from "Cool Hand Luke," what we have here is a failure to communicate.  Aaarrgh!  Okay, that's enough about that.  The "real me" will be back tomorrow, God willing, the creek don't rise, and the server comes up as bidden.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh man, I HATE that. When I had a PC, I spent time with techs and hated it. Even worse when nothing would work. See the real you tomorrow. Tinka has no land line until next Wednesday, and she rarely uses her cell, but is now.