Friday, July 13, 2018

To Do - Ta Da

There's nothing like a guest coming to spur me to action.  I have a new financial advisor and, would you believe it, he volunteered to come here rather than force me to make the dreaded drive into Sacramento.  That definitely called for some prep work before the 10 o'clock appointment time.

The girls aren't surprised anymore when I show up shortly after sunrise and barn chores were first on the to-do list.  Next, clean up the kitchen.  That didn't take long, so I was ready to tackle the living room carpet.  I'd finally gotten the dadratted vacuum cleaner running again the day before.  After a couple of weeks or so of dust, fur, and stickers, the rug was a complete disaster and, while not first, it was at the top of the list in capital letters.  It was slow going, but I got it done; at least so that it didn't deserve a "This property is condemned" sign.  I think I really need a new vacuum, but I'm not ready to bite that particular bullet just yet.

Having started the day at 4 a.m. and all of the above done, there was time for a shower (eau de goat is not that appealing for a first meeting) and a brief sit-down before the gentleman arrived.  He could not have been nicer and patiently explained the whys and wherefores of suggested changes.  The meeting went well, I think, so much so that he asked if he could bring one of his partners along the next time!  Boy, I'm sure glad the carpet looked good.

Having been running at full tilt all morning, I was ready to do nothing the rest of the day (I'm good at that).  In the afternoon I received a lovely long call from my son Dave, who works crazy long hours and sometimes seven days a week, so he doesn't usually have much time to chat.  It was so nice to catch up with him.

I wish the clouds at sundown held more moisture.  We'd been hoping that some of the monsoons moving up from the south would drop some water here, but no.  It would have increased the humidity but might have lessened the possibility of fires.

I call that a productive day.  Ta da!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like a good day all around, and what a great financial advisor...personal touch and all!