Saturday, July 21, 2018

Grump Grump

Do I wake up at o'dark-thirty every day?  Why, yes, I do (4 a.m. today).  However, I am not a "morning person" per se.  Unlike Steve, whose eyes and mouth opened at the same time, I like to ease into the day quietly.  Feed bowls are filled and treats are distributed, all without speaking.  Ralph has enough exuberance for us all.  If there is such a thing as a "morning cat," that would be him as he races up and down the hall, yelling "brrrp brrrp" as he goes.  Coffee in hand, I sit at the computer and contemplate the topic for the day.  That's the optimum way to start the day.  Obviously, yesterday did not hit that mark and left me tight jawed for the duration.

Mama turkey was at the buffet yesterday, but I could only find six turkletts with her.   Drat.  Tom turkeys are no gentlemen.  Five or six came rushing up when I put down the feed.  Women and children had to step to the rear and wait for leftovers.  It's not my place to interfere, but I didn't like it.

While not as hot, it was more than warm yesterday and only a few desultory chores got done, even though Deb and Craig are coming up this morning.  The vacuum cleaner pooped out again.  I've got a new one on order, but it won't be here for a week.  Since I couldn't sweep the carpet, dusting seemed like an exercise in futility.  I hated to waste a good grump, so it was a good day to pay bills.  It wouldn't show anywhere but my checkbook, but at least I could say something was accomplished.

I waited with bated breath when I turned on the computer this morning, but it fired up without hesitation.  That, plus the anticipation of seeing my Kids, is an omen it's going to be a good day.

No comments: