Sunday, July 1, 2018

Just Another Day

Not much changes here but the weather.  Days sort of slide by, one much like the other.  It's important to remember when Tuesday rolls around so I get the trash down to the big road for pick up.  Weekends are not a break from barn chores, but Mondays aren't to be dreaded, either.  I do, however, enjoy all the cooking shows on Saturdays.  I get inspiration to try new dishes or put a twist on an old favorite, or I'll see a recipe and think, "Not on a bet would I put that in my mouth."  Those programs are as good a way as any to while away a day.

Sundays, of course, are reserved for NASCAR.  Today they're racing at Chicagoland Speedway.

Camille called in the afternoon, concerned because she'd not been able to contact the current caregivers.  It was a good excuse for me to put Bess in the truck, turn on the A/C, and go down to take a look-see.  I was happy to report back that the chickens were out in the pen where they should be, the donkeys were walking around, and the dogs were safe in the backyard.  It set her mind at ease.

It's hard to believe it's July first already.  If the days slide by, the months fly!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad all is well in Cam's world and you are RIGHT...how the heck did it get to be July???