Friday, July 6, 2018

On The Road

Right now I'm hearing "On The Road Again" in my head.  It's great having this portable jukebox; I never know which record is going to drop, but there's always music playing.  Hahaha, I'll guess there are some readers too young to know about the big colorful jukeboxes or the small tabletop models in booths at every bar, soda fountain, and hamburger joint.  Back in the day, it was five songs for a quarter.  Now I don't even need change.

"On The Road Again" is right up there with "Whiskey River" when Willie Nelson comes to mind.  There was a time when I went to every concert Willie played in northern California, from Lake Tahoe down to San Jose.  Just hearing the first thrum on his deep-throated Martin guitar evokes happy memories.

Undoubtedly I'm hearing "On The Road Again" because I couldn't dodge going to town any longer and made a quick two-stop trip yesterday.  I went earlier than usual (I normally put it off as long as possible) because I stopped at Camille's on the way out to drop off some potato salad and hot dogs in case she didn't feel like cooking.

There was little to no traffic on the road, going or coming.  Sure made for a more pleasant trip.

The air quality was still poor, but finally there were real clouds in the sky last evening.

It was a good day.

No comments: