Thursday, July 26, 2018

Hissy Fit

The shed critters were in a right snit after the cleanup.  Bits of what remains of the ceiling insulation were thrown down all over yesterday.  If they were capable of throwing rocks, I'm sure I would have been bombarded.  Ask me if I care.  They need to move on.

When the vacuum cleaner stopped working (again), I ordered a new one.  Since it's just me, I could deal with (i.e., ignore) the bits of leaves and burrs that Bessie spreads around, but when Deb and Craig made their surprise visit, I went into a panic.  I got out the old-time carpet sweeper and went to work, and I do mean work.  It gave me a great appreciation for what women went through before vacuum cleaners were invented.

Well, late yesterday afternoon a nice man delivered the new machine.  (I know he was a nice man because he came equipped with a cookie for Bess.)  I knew I had a task at hand because it was an upright vacuum and it came in a square box.  Because it is the same brand and just a different model, I was able to identify parts and got it mostly put together and then it came down to attaching the hose.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure how to fit a square "this" over a triangular "that."  The sun was going down and the light was getting dim so I set the whole thing aside before I had a hissy fit of my own and decided it was a job that could wait until today.

In the meantime, the cats had commandeered the empty box and were playing hide and seek.  They could care less about the contents, they think I bought a box just for them.

Currently, we're getting no relief from the heat at night and we're in a week-long stretch of 100-plus days.  Aaargh.

No comments: