Wednesday, March 20, 2019

A Day With Clay

Time spent with any of my Kids is golden, and yesterday it was Clay who filled my heart.  When he arrived, I was still pushing buttons on the new remote and watching "Turner And Hooch," (1989 film with Tom Hanks, Beasley the Dog, and Mare Winningham).  Neither Clay nor I had seen that movie in years so that was the entertainment for the day.  That, and Clay laughing at me as I tried to navigate the system.  I'm getting better, at least I can get myself out of trouble when I fall in it now.

There was another problem, possibly due to an increased dosage of a new medication, but it left me so shaky that Clay pretty much had to fend for himself.  Those shaky days come and go now, but sadly I wasn't being very hostessy.

It's a sign of Clay's gentle nature that he is an animal magnet.  Bessie Anne is always at his feet.  Ralph visits his lap frequently, and even the elusive Celeste comes out of hiding to greet him.  Animals know instinctively who can be trusted.

It was warm enough yesterday that he had ridden his motorcycle, but the sky was darkening in the afternoon and rain was predicted.  I sure didn't want to push him out the door, but it was more important that he be safe.  Grown up or not, I still worry about my Kids.

It was a good day.

No comments: