Sunday, March 3, 2019

Rainy Day

I always try to put a little something by, as Mother advised, for a rainy day.  Well, it's been raining cats and dogs lately, and I'm not just talking about water from the sky.  First the tree fell on the barn ($$$).  Then when I was filling the chickens' waterer from the spigot by their pen, I saw brown water come out.  Aarrgh!  It did clear in a minute or two so I didn't have to go back to the house for clean water.  I put in a heads-up call to Go-To Guy, telling him it wasn't an emergency and that I'd call him again when we got some good weather.  He said it could wait as long as the water in the house was clear.  It is.  While I was going back and forth to the barn for Tree Guy, I saw that the tap by the door was dripping, dripping pretty fast.  I couldn't turn the handle one way or the other, and I couldn't deal with that just then.  I put that on the list for Go-To ($$$).  I've been waiting for a week for a delivery of feed for all the critters (more $$$), and it's getting to the critical stage, especially for the goats.  Patrick has been dealing with family issues and then, of course, there's the rain.  I've got my fingers crossed for today.

So now we come to the coup de gras (or at least I hope it is).  This juniper bush is at the far end from the path off the porch and I haven't been going that way lately.  Yesterday I was getting another helping of wood for Stove and caught a glimpse of something white in the bush.  I wasn't too worried because there is a white bench by the steps to the deck and thought it had blown over the night of the fiercest winds.  No big deal.  Well, it is a big deal.  It's a piece of fascia from the siding Larry put up years ago.

Of course it had to come from the highest peak of the gable.  Laughing, I sent pictures to Larry in Hawaii and asked if he was going to be in the neighborhood anytime soon.  I don't even know who does these kinds of repairs.  Larry said to call Dave, who has a wide acquaintance with tradesmen and might know someone.  Goodhearted Dave will come up next weekend to take a look.

I'm about ready for these rainy days to stop.  I mean it.

No comments: