Sunday, March 24, 2019

Keep Rolling

With all the felled hunks of tree in the goat pen blocking what used to be the well-worn path from the gate to the barn, it is now a bit of a struggle to find a new way down to feed Missy.  The theme song that came to mind was "The Caissons Go Rolling," a WWI anthem that goes, "Over hill, over dale...."  That was me yesterday, trying not to slip in the wet grass (it had rained all night) and lose my footing.  It didn't help that Sheila was again feeling needy and constantly pushing against my side.  Mission accomplished, I "hit the dusty (make that soggy) trail..." back up to the house.

Much colder than the day before, Stove had to take the early shift and go to work.  I fed him a big helping of hot-burning cedar and the slow, steady, and longer-lasting oak   He seemed happy and  warmed up the room in no time.  I settled in to watch the Saturday cooking shows.  I'm becoming more proficient with the remote and didn't have to call for help once, although I'll try something, do what I wanted to, and then think, "Now how did I do that?"  Oh well, guess I'll just keep rolling along.

No comments: