Monday, March 11, 2019

Coping

The clock said I was on time, but the critters were surprised to see me "early" to hand out breakfast yesterday.  I guess that's better than being "late" when we change back in the fall.  Ah well, what cannot be changed must be endured.

It was another sunny, cold! day.  Stove did yeoman's work keeping the house warm while I watched NASCAR.  It was a disappointing finish for both Johnson and Bowyer, and they'd been doing so well.  Then, out of nowhere, in the late afternoon it started raining again, not hard enough to hear, but I saw it when I went out to get another helping for Stove.  That certainly wasn't on any forecast.  Crazy weather.

I haven't seen Missy for a couple of days, but she's emptied her bowl so I know she's around.  The hens have been laying eggs on a regular basis and Stanley has been behaving himself.  I can tell he's thinking about making a rush at me, but then changes his mind, and that's a good thing.  Sheila was particularly needy yesterday, wanting her head rubbed and walking so close by my side on the way up to the gate that it was hard to make progress.  Tessie remains aloof.  Ralph is sitting on my lap, Bess is snoring on the bed behind me, and Celeste is singing to her piglet in the hall.

In other words, all's right in my world.

No comments: