Saturday, March 16, 2019

All Is Well

Ohmigosh, I can't remember the last time I slept until sunup, old or new time.

I'm not the only one who missed the sunshine during the rainy days.  It was warm enough yesterday morning to leave the door open (until the sun moved away).  Ralph and Celeste looked like beach bums basking in the warmth.  Bess took longer than usual on her outings and who could blame her.

I could become a professional procrastinator if I ever got around to it.  I was going to put off going back to the grocery store for another day, but Cam called and asked me to pick up an item for her.  Nothing for it but to get off my duff and get going.  This time I made sure to buy the package that said Corned Beef in big letters.  One goof was enough.

As I was putting the groceries in the truck, there was a sudden screech of brakes.  One driver was backing out without looking and if the car coming into the lot hadn't been watching, would have been hit.  Close call.  The one car left and the second car parked.  The lady got out.  "Did you see that?  And he flipped me off!"  We stood and chatted for a bit.  As has happened before, she mentioned my bibbies and asked where I found them.  Stores don't seem to stock them anymore.  We agreed they're the most comfortable britches out there, with the added bonus of lots of pockets.  Don't ask me how, but the conversation got around to goats.  She said she'd always wanted one, but her husband did not.  She said if he ever left her, the first thing she'd do was buy a goat.  I tried not to take sides.

Stopping to drop off Camille's item was an experience.  Her three dogs immediately surrounded the truck and made parking difficult.  Then, as I was leaving after a short visit with my friend, her donkey, Cricket, came up for a back rub and wouldn't get out of the way.  Can we say stubborn like a mule?

Anyhow, I have my corned beef now.  All is well.

No comments: