Friday, March 8, 2019

Shame

After blowing off steam and ranting about the weather yesterday, I went into the living room and watched the morning newscast, and I was shamed for being such a wimp.  Floods in Sonoma, avalanches in Colorado, tornadoes in Georgia...and I'm here whining about a little rain?  Woman, get over yourself!

Most of yesterday was spent keeping Stove and Celeste happy.  No, that wasn't sunshine coming through the door...just a bright(er) spot on a dark day.  My gosh, Celeste is such a lump-lump.  She looks like a giant slug!  (Don't tell her I said that.)  Ralph is a skinny-minny next to her.

Those are gloves on the half-wall behind Stove.  Thick fleece gloves for warmth, leather gloves for picking up wood, knit gloves for when it's not quite so cold, and one welder's glove for emptying Stove's ember-filled ash tray.  In summer, that shelf is empty.

I saw the first California jay yesterday, a sign the seasons may be changing.  The crested Steller's bluejays haven't arrived yet, nor the robin redbreasts.  More clumps of bright yellow daffodils have sprung up on the hillsides and the almond tree hasn't given up hope.  When the baby blue eyes pop up, I'll know for sure that spring has come.

I am so looking forward to seeing Dave this weekend, although I'm sorry for the reason.  I hope he'll have an easy answer to that ruined piece of flashing.  When all is said and done, all's right in my world.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

You have a right to complain...we pay a special tax for decent weather in California...at least that's what I tell myself!