Saturday, March 2, 2019

Improv

There is a drawback to waking early in the morning...along about 11, a nap is mandatory.  Ordinarily that's not a problem, but yesterday I really needed to go to the store.  Crab Rangoon requires crab meat and I had none.  Knowing Arden was due soon, there was no time.  Okay, Plan B.  I didn't have one of those, either.  Hmmm.  A quick survey of cupboards and fridge turned up a package of frozen baby shrimp.  There was nothing for it but to improvise.  The shrimp thawed while I mixed the sauce and then stirred in the chopped shrimp and stuck the casserole in the warming oven.  Instead of won ton wrappers, I substituted tortillas cut into chips and lightly fried after Arden arrived.  It might not have been Crab Rangoon, but we agreed it was mighty good.

I had to excuse myself for a few minutes to drive down and put cookies for Camille in my mailbox (special delivery?).  She'd been away from home for the day and she has a PO box, so we'd made prior arrangements.  Sometimes living in the country makes for creative improvisations.

After taking a couple of days off to rest, Nature is up to her old tricks this morning.  I don't know if her heart isn't in it or if she's relenting a little.  Yes, it's raining, but not pouring, and, yes, it's windy, but not howling or beating on the house.  What can I say?  It's winter.

P.S.:  I dusted.

No comments: