Thursday, February 27, 2020

A New Face

George isn't really a new face as I've known him for years, but he's not been here before so he's a new and most welcome face at Farview...and he brought goodies!  A whole basket of treats included brie cheese and pate (two of my favorite decadent guilty pleasures), a baguette to go with, and a Princess Cake.  I've seen Princess Cake made on cooking shows, but never thought to have one.  Layers of sponge cake spread with raspberry jam, filled with vanilla cream, and covered with marzipan.  It's like eating a cloud and I'm gaining weight just thinking about it.

I was happy to introduce George to Camille when she arrived (I don't know what happened to Arden).  Both of my friends are good conversationalists and we had a lively discussion.  I'm not ashamed to say I selfishly did not offer to share any of George's bounty.  That stuff doesn't come my way often, hostess or no.

After George left for home, Cam and I watched the rather rowdy debate.  We're pretty much in agreement on who we're for, and definitely who we're against.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I've never even seen a Princess Cake. Sounds like your day was scrumptious and quite varied. Hope somebody found Arden :-)