Saturday, February 1, 2020

That Can't Be Right

Instead of dragging into the day, I was full of enthusiasm yesterday.  The sun was shining and I was going to work on the deck stuff, clean the fridge, etc., etc., etc.  I had a plan!  As is my wont, I sat down to watch a bit of morning news before Michael's first walk.  "Good Friday morning!," chirped the newscaster.  Surely she must be mistaken, it couldn't possibly be Friday already.  Just to be sure, I checked my cellphone.  Nooo!  It most definitely was Friday.  I had yet to move appointments, et cetera, onto the new calendar, and thought I'd best check to see what else I'd missed, and it's a good thing I did.  Not only had I not realized it was Arden Friday already, I'd also forgotten I'd made an appointment with Candy, the traveling hairdresser, for the same time.  Mike had let me know he couldn't make it re. the chimney.  So much for my ambitious plans.

First things first.  I put the bench back where it belongs on the deck.  One of these days I might actually get to sit on it.  Michael and I went for walk #2, and I was able to get a few more things placed before my guests arrived.  One reason for Arden's visit is that she can catch up on MSNBC newscasts, a channel she doesn't get.  I had barely plonked Arden in front of the TV before Candy was at the door.  Candy worked her magic and gave me a little style instead of looking like I'd stuck my finger in a light socket.  Arden, I fear, got short shrift.

Company gone, Michael got walk #3 (believe me, he can count).  Later, I went to get something from the outside freezer, only to find it had completely melted.  I should have known that Ratso wouldn't be satisfied with a couple of cans of Mountain Dew.  Either that or he was wreaking revenge for having blocked his way to more.  I don't think I'll be replacing the fridge.

So much for Friday.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Did Ratso eat the wires or the insulation around them? I had that problem with my air conditioner years ago, and neighbors who have Priuses have to keep the hoods open at night as the rats love their wires. Wonder what Toyota put on the coating???