Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Quick Change

Nature played the old switcheroo again.  After the bluster of the day before, yesterday was downright pleasant, warm enough to keep the front door open.  Instead of the puffy jacket I'd been wearing indoors and out, all I needed was a sweatshirt.  Instead of double-timing it, Michael and I walked our route at a leisurely pace in the sunshine.  I was inspired to take on some chores that had been hanging fire, like putting some of the deck stuff back on the deck and even pulling the chair out of the juniper bushes.  It was lovely to take a break to sit on the bench again.  Activated at last, some household things also got done.  Not everything, of course, must leave something for another day.  No need to go overboard.

I heard Nature sniggering as she kicked up the wind again last night after dark.  I wonder where I'll find the deck chairs this morning.  Sigh.

I'm beginning to feel like Michael's bench at bedtime.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

So glad you had some nice weather. Ain't it grand?