Friday, February 28, 2020

Control Issues

The thing about self-control is, you have to have some for it to do any good...and I have little to none.  Two days of snacking and the brie is gone.  Three meals and the tub of potato salad (I forgot to mention the potato and red onion salad) is empty, and a big hunk is gone from the Princess Cake.  What can I say?  I can claim a modicum of restraint because I have yet to open the packet of pate, only because I know that when I do it will go the way of the brie and then I won't have it to look forward to.  Gosh darn, everything was so good!

The other day I watched "Waterloo Bridge" again for the umpteenth time.  I guess it falls in the 'chick flick' category.  This version was made in 1940 (the original was made in 1931), and was Vivien Leigh's first film after "Gone With The Wind."  Robert Taylor played a rather hokey WWI soldier, Leigh's love interest.  Small but grand parts were filled by character actors C. Aubrey Smith and Maria Ouspenskaya, two of my favorites.

Speaking of control, my remote is always close at hand.  The two most used buttons are the mute and the fast forward.  They save me a lot of time and irritation during the ever-present commercials.

Arden has been found.  There was evidently some confusion as to which day we were to get together.

Maybe if I stay out of the kitchen I'll be able to resist the pate.  Or not.

No comments: