Monday, February 17, 2020

Pick It Up

Putting something, anything, down where it doesn't belong in the first place is a big mistake for me.  Walking past it, whatever it might be, I'll think, "Oh, I need to put that away," but obviously I'm on my way to do something else and forbid the thought I should be distracted.  By the time I go past again, I hardly give it a thought, and the by the next or umpteenth time I don't even see it.  If I put it there, it must belong there.

I'm in the process of trying to declutter.  It's not easy and certainly not fast.  Pick up that empty envelope and throw it away, sounds simple, right?  Wait!  I might have grabbed that convenient paper to write a phone number down.  Yes, there's a number.  But whose?  These things take time, and it's just easier to put the envelope down where it was while I try to figure it out.  And so on.

Michael and I are picking up the pace on our walks, not because of cold or wind, but just for the exercise.  He doesn't get the chance to run free anymore due to his proclivity toward wandering on the road.  He seems content to stay by my side, but I know he needs to go faster.  He does get to sprint on the last leg of our journey up to the porch, and he wins every time.  Ta da!

The crows are back on duty this morning.

No comments: