Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Travelers

I've been hearing honkers in ones and twos for maybe a week now.  Yesterday was at least a part of the great goose migration back to the north.  The air was filled with their communication, not honking, but a constant wheeting as the mass of birds stayed in contact high in the sky.  It may be warm here in California, I hope they're as lucky when they get where they're going.

Michael and I also traveled.  It was our semi-monthly trip to town.  Going with Michael makes it almost pleasant.  He makes people smile, and many stop to talk to him (and me).  It makes me feel less curmudgeonly.  Most of the traffic was coming from the opposite direction, and I'd timed it so as to avoid the strobe effect of sunlight through the trees.  Plum and apple trees were in lacy bloom along the road.  Our trip could have been worse.

I guess you could say I took a pre-nap nap this morning, not waking until the sun was up.  In a way, that's a good thing because the ladies are coming over this afternoon to watch the South Carolina debate.  I'm so conditioned to napping that I dozed off briefly the last time they were here.  That will not get me the Good Hostess award.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I bet the ladies just look at each other and smile if you fall asleep while watching the debate...but as you know, it was pretty loud with lots talking at the same time. When I watch the news and several talk at once, it is so infuriating. Why oh why does anyone think that they can be heard when talking at the same time as others? Oh well, at least we all have manners and take turns!!