Friday, February 14, 2020

Leave 'Em Laughing

Leave 'Em Laughing (Oliver and Hardy, 1928 silent film).

The trip to town wasn't too bad, due in part, I'm sure, to Michael's calming effect.  He was his usual polite, personable self, charming men, women, and children alike as we traversed the aisles.  I swear he thrives on the attention.

I did something I rarely do (and I mean rarely),  After shopping, I went across the road from Wally World to a Chinese restaurant.  I'd gotten a craving for Beef Chow Fun and as common a dish as it is, not a lot of restaurants in the area make it up here.  More years ago than I'd care to count, I worked for a full-blooded Chinese gentleman from Thailand, and with his employees from Cambodia, Laos, and Hong Kong.  It wasn't uncommon for the boss to send me out to a little hole-in-the-wall place in Sacramento to pick up lunch, always Beef Chow Fun:  stir fried thin-sliced beef, wide rice noodles (think tagliatelle), bean sprouts, and scallions in a savory sauce.  Yum.  I picked up my order to go, and Michael and I did not dawdle on the way home, almost drooling from the aroma.

PG&E finally called and I'm to have a meeting with a supervisor at some point.

I have said that Michael likes a routine.  Evidently sitting on me at bedtime has been added to his repertoire.  It cracks me up every night.  When you're left laughing in the dark before going to sleep, it pretty much assures happy dreams.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I've never even HEARD of that Chinese dish, but then again, I seldom look at the beef dishes even though I sure eat beef. Glad it was a good day. It's fun to read about Michael's adventures.