Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Silvery Moon

"By The Light Of The Silvery Moon" (song written in 1909, recorded by many).

The current super Snow Moon is a doozie.  It isn't really dark when I wake up in the dark because of the moonshine (and I'm not talking liquor here).  It first appeared on February 5, and it still lights the night sky a week later.  Watching the full moon rise behind the pines on the hill across the road is an experience.

There appears to be some confusion.  I got a call from PG&E yesterday.  The gentleman said they had inspected our road and needed to cut down one of my trees, fearing it might fall on one of their power lines if it dropped.  I won't like it, but I won't fight it.  I want to be safe just like the next guy.  The thing is, he said they'd put a yellow ribbon on the tree (another song in there) and had painted the number 12 on the trunk.  I said I'd like to know exactly which tree, hoping it wasn't one of the beautiful big pines in the front pasture.  He told me he'd call back today, giving me time to check it out.  I had to take the trash to the big road, so it was no big deal to drive by my property line, and I did, twice.  That confused Michael because I rarely to never turn left out of my driveway.  He is a dog who thrives on routine.  We checked the fence line twice and were not able to find a marked tree.  Maybe the PG&E guy was wrong, I don't know, but I sure don't want them cutting down a tree willy-nilly and apologizing later.  Stay tuned.

Sunrise is eclipsing moon glow.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Tinka said that PG&E cut down one of her trees also, but she did have warning and she cut the climbing rose bush out of it beforehand. I hope yours turns out well.