Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Cancelled

COVID-19 is wreaking havoc in the world.  One would think that I live such an isolated life that I would not be affected...'tain't so.  I've mentioned before how my son Dave and the fellas in the Freed Spirits motorcycle club have come up in the past to be worker bees, taking on any task that needed doing here.  Not only have I appreciated their help, they're a fun bunch of guys with big hearts and great hugs.  JT, the Road Captain (in charge of planning group rides), contacted me and said the club would like to come up next weekend and would that be okay.  Okay?  I was so happy!  For everyone's sake, I've cancelled that event.

Sixty-three years ago, a classmate and I graduated from high school together (my, how time does fly!).  We've kept in touch all this time and she's been here several times.  We've been planning another visit very soon and I've been so looking forward to seeing her.  Cancelled.

I called Arden yesterday and cancelled Fridays for the duration.  It's not because Arden goes out in public so much as that her son and daughter-in-law work outside the home and who knows what they could bring back.  She and I are both in the high-risk category and it just doesn't pay to take chances.  My social circle, never wide at best, is shrinking rapidly.

I've been running into the darndest problems lately.  Yesterday was trash day.  In an attempt to keep the rats out of the engine compartment on Truck, I've left the hood slightly open so as not to give them a warm hidey-hole.  That seems to have worked because Truck started right up when I turned the key (you'd better believe I had my fingers crossed!).  In the midst of a pounding hail storm, I tried unsuccessfully to shut the hood.  Aarrgh!  Okay, if I drive very slowly, maybe the hood will not fly off.  Mission accomplished.  However, I've got to get it shut today.  I must go to the grocery store today, like it or not.  I probably don't need to explain why it won't do to run out of kitty litter.

Stay well, everyone.

No comments: