Sunday, March 22, 2020

Make Up Your Mind

I could imagine Nature was bored yesterday.  The weather has been fairly constant lately, either days of rain or lovely and warm(ish).  "What shall I throw at them today?"  Unable to decide, she ended up flipping a coin.  Heads, rain.  Tails, sunshine.  She must have dropped the coin because, "Oh what the heck, let's do both!"  The spotlight on the hills across the road was in stark contrast to the rain pounding on the deck.  She should have come in and watched cooking shows with me.  Oh, no, I'm in self-isolation just like everybody else.  No company, thank you very much.

On Friday, I called Arden.  Just because she couldn't come over didn't mean we couldn't talk.  Arden, as Steve had, draws her energy from being around people.  This isolation business must be hard on her.  They say on the news to keep in touch with seniors.  My friend Harold is ninety (senior to me!), so I gave him a call, too.  He runs his own business and has had to close his gates, a wise, but unprofitable move.

Rain and/or shine, Michael needs his walks.  He and the cats are all the company I need.

No comments: