Sunday, March 8, 2020

Timely

It was a soft rain, but raining just the same.  Not a drizzle, not a downpour, just enough to soak both Michael and me on our first walk, and it was cold.  It was cold enough to get a fire going in Stove when we got back to the house.  Stove was sulky after being ignored, didn't want to get going and then when he relented, gobbled up nearly a wagon load of firewood.

Every so once in a while PBS messes with me and does not play a day of cooking shows, but some kind of self-help programs on Saturday.  Phooey.  I made do with some Alton Brown.  Like Martha Stewart, he can make the simplest recipe into an intricate production and uses expensive equipment few of us have or would need.  You should see what he uses to juice an orange!  However, he does explain the chemistry and science of cooking, and I always learn something.

If there is a series I like, I record a number of shows to watch back-to-back later.  It's like a movie then instead of chopped-up bits and pieces, and much easier to keep continuity.  I had done that with "Pillars Of The Earth," from Ken Follett's wonderful book.  I was crazy mad to see the series when it first showed in 2010, and it is just as good this time around.  Needless to say, not much got done yesterday.

The rain had eased up by our second walk, but it was nice to come into a warm house (Stove had done his work).  It was dry by the time for our last walk, and no, I still can't get the tailgate open.

I promised myself I wasn't going to whine about the time change, but I still don't like it.  So there.

3 comments:

Detroit MI Locksmiths said...

Locksmiths Detroit MI

If you need a licensed and insured locksmith service, Locksmiths Detroit MI offers many locksmith services for car, home, and office at affordable prices.
Our services :
Ignition repair
install new key
lockout
locksmith
rekey
change key

Kathryn Williams said...

Can you spray some WD 40 or graphite on the truck latch?

Kathryn Williams said...

Hmmmm...a locksmith in Detroit?