Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Not Again. Yes, Again.

Beautiful morning.  Good walk with Michael.  Proud of myself for getting this, that, and the other thing done.  Dawdled a bit because I didn't want to go to town (so what else is new?).  I didn't want to go for the usual reasons, but I'll admit that there is also the CVD-19 now that scares me and makes me want to stay away from crowds.  Okay, nothing for it but to gird my loins, put Michael's vest and leash on him, and get in the truck.  Rrrrr, rrrrr, rrrrr...nothing.  Truck would not start.  Not again!  It's not been two weeks since Mike replaced wiring, filled the reservoirs, etc.  What the heck?!  Michael was so disappointed when I told him we had to get out.  Michael likes to go to town.  I texted a brief message to Mike.  "The truck won't start."  "What?!  I'll be there, but can't come until evening."  I knew Mike was a shade-tree mechanic, and maybe he'd missed something.  Sigh.

With the wind out of my sails, not much was accomplished the rest of the day while waiting for Mike to arrive.  The news was just as dreary as I felt.  Michael got his walks and that's about it.  The sun went down and no Mike.  It was full dark by the time he got here and I knew he wouldn't be able to do much by flashlight.  I was just glad he came.  He'd worked a full day and I'm sure he would like to see the back side of me.  Opening the hood, the cause of the problem was immediately apparent.  Mike couldn't figure out how a wire had broken the first time, but there was no question on this go-round.  Rats!  Rats had moved in and had a chewing frenzy.  Not only had they chewed through that same wire, they had chewed through everything they could get their teeth into, including tearing off the insulation under the hood.  I apologized for turning the air blue with cuss words, but I was near tears with frustration while watching dollar signs fly by...again.  There was nothing Mike could do just then, but said he'd be back this morning with tools and new wires.  There was nothing I could do either.  The worst thing is that I don't know how to prevent it from happening again.  I have no garage and no choice but to park Truck outside.  Aarrgh!  I'm going to look on the internet to see if there are any answers.  Wish me luck.

It was not a good day after all.

2 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

A few people here in my community have rats eating their car wires, and they seem to prefer Toyota Prius wires (must be a special coating). One couple in particular leaves their hoods open, but I'm not sure why, and I think moth balls have been mentioned. Hopefully you will get some answers. They chewed thru my air conditioning conduit once, but not since. Good luck.

Locksmith Mesa AZ | (480) 442-8596 said...

Locksmith Mesa AZ
(623) 282-1260

Have You Lost Your House Key? Our Keys Made service will make the issue of losing keys isn't a disaster any more Locksmith Mesa AZ is available and ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our residential local mobile locksmith will be at your house in only couple of moments. In the event that you need a 24 hour auto locksmith service that's near you to assist you with getting in your vehicle, replace your car lock or key, program your transponder keys, replace your car ignition lock, our mobile locksmith service will be your best decision in Mesa, AZ.
Our Services :
Office Keys Made
Home locksmith
Auto Lockout
Unlock Office Door
House Key Duplication
Car ignition repair