Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Super Tuesday

Sunny, warm, nary a cloud in the sky, and Michael and I were on a roll.  We went for our walk, I got some outside things done and some inside things done, and then we took off.  First stop, the cookie store.  The lady clerk was so busy texting on her cellphone that a line started to form.  When she finally looked up, she messed up my order and had to re-ring it on the cash register.  Oh well.  The wait gave the two young ladies behind us time to make friends with Michael.  He thrives on attention and takes it as his due.  It shouldn't surprise me anymore that he seems to bring out the "friendly" in people.  "Hi!  How's your day going?," from a man I've never met, and he stopped to talk a minute and praise Michael.  Cashier lady had given the wrong order to the guy who loads the truck and after waiting for the second bag of birdseed, I had to go back in, leaving quiet Michael parked next to a GSD who was barking his head off.  Up here, there are GSDs (German shepherd dogs) and LGDs (large guard dogs) and both seem to feel very loud barking will scare off intruders.  When I got back in the truck to wait (again), another man, older, slim, wearing a cowboy hat, walked up to my window to talk.  He'd seen Michael and wanted to tell me about his Australian shepherd who had died recently and that he was going to look at an Aussie puppy in the afternoon, and a rather long story about what and why he was going to name the little girl (Annie Mae, in case you're curious).  His old dog had been a tricolor male like Michael, but the new dog was a blue merle female because he didn't want to see his boy every time he looked at her.  As I said, Michael brings out the best in people, and I talk to people I never would have before.

I plan our outings so as not to have to backtrack, and our next stop was to vote.  "Hi!  How are you and your companion?"  Another Michael conquest.  Then it was on to Gray's Corner where he has trained those clerks to bring out a cookie for him, and they have such good piddle spots among the plantings.  We even got the trash down to the big road.

All in all, I'd say it really was a Super Tuesday.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'd say you checked every single box!! Good on ya!