Monday, March 2, 2020

Creature Comfort

Butt scrubs and belly rubs are two of Michael's basic pleasures.  At first I didn't understand.  "Michael, what are you doing?," when he would stand by my chair, facing away and pressing his rump against me.  He didn't want petting, he wanted a back scratch, a good, long butt scrub.  When he wants the whole megillah, he'll then flop over for a belly rub.  (That one wasn't hard to figure out.)  The trouble is that he falls over just out of my reach; however, I won't ever let him down.  I feel like I've won the blue ribbon if he rewards me with a couple of gentle licks on my hand.  As I've said, Michael is not one of those effusive, drooling, face-kissing dogs, so a lick or two is just fine by me.

Ralph doesn't get much one-on-one lap time because Celeste usually fills that spot, leaving Ralph to fit himself in wherever he can, but sometimes she is busy elsewhere and he takes advantage.  He has rotten timing, because he leaps up just as I've decided to get up.  Okay, fine.  I sit.  He makes quite a production, curling up this way and that, twisting around until it's just right.  Just right for Ralph is on his side with his back leg over my wrist, leaving my hand free to rub his belly.  Oh well, nothing I planned on doing can't wait.

We did get a few hours of a gentle rain yesterday morning, starting just as Michael and I headed out, of course.  It was over by our next walk, and completely dry by evening.  It was cold, however, and I weakened, lit a fire and kept it going all day.  Note to self:  bring more wood to the porch.

Last night we were all settled in bed when Michael jumped up and came over to sit on me, three times!  What is this strange compulsion?  Ah well, if it makes him happy.

1 comment:

Overhead Door League City said...

Your garage door is one of the biggest moving parts in your home or business. What's more, you need quality doors and gear, legitimate establishment, and expert assistance so as to guarantee your long haul security and comfort. At Garage Door Hinges, we're devoted to the absolute fulfillment of our clients. That is the reason we offer a far reaching scope of garage door parts and related items and administrations. We are cheerful of recommendations on the correct parts and financially savvy techniques to fix or supplant your door. Any inquiries you may have we will readily reply to assist you with settling on a choice.