Sunday, March 1, 2020

Marching On

How can it possibly be March already?!  I really wasn't ready for February, and they even threw in a bonus day last month.  At this rate, I should probably start putting the Christmas tree together.  I've heard it said that time goes faster as one ages, but I didn't expect it to race at a double-pace rate.  I can't keep up.

I had ambitious plans for yesterday, even willing to forego some of the Saturday cooking shows.  I found them on the guide and set them to record.  My mistake was checking when Michael and I came back from our walk to find, not America's Test Kitchen, but someone called The Bread Monk.  Well, that was intriguing.  I'd never heard of Fr. Dominic Garramone and made the mistake of sitting down to watch.  PBS runs lengthy specials when they're fund raising, and Fr. Dom was the star of the day.  Okay, I was hooked (I almost said bread-hooked, but stopped myself in time).  The morning was shot and I was still in front of the TV when PBS introduced a second special, this one with my hero, Julia Child, with commentary by Marcus Samuelsson and Jose Andres, both chefs of renown.  Thanks to the pause button, Michael got his walks.  Period.

Time marches on.  Maybe I'll get something done today.  Wait!  It's NASCAR Sunday.  No, there's still hope.  I've learned to record the race in order to zip through the endless stream of commercials so can watch it on my own time.

I see no sign that we got any of the promised rain last night.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

We didn't get our rain either, but I see that we have from 30-70 percent from 11 pm to 5 am. Who knows. And yes...March...oh my gosh.