Friday, December 21, 2018

Baby Steps

Just a couple of dinky birds at the feeding station for breakfast yesterday, not a sign of a turkey.  It didn't hurt my feelings, but I did wonder where the big guys had gone.  1) Feed the birds, 2) let the chickens out and put down their feed, 3) tend to the goats:  that's the routine every single morning.  It was when I got to #3 that I saw where the turkeys were.  En masse in the goat pen, there was the pedestrian herd.  This time they didn't bother to fly away.  Feeding this bunch is the reason Bess and I had to make a trip to Mt. Aukum later.  They're eating me out of house and home!

Oh good grief, it's that time again for the girls.  One thing about goats, they are not subtle.  Tails going like whirligigs, they had but one thing on their mind in the morning and it didn't get any better.  Sheila and Tessie were so intent on each other that I couldn't get them into the barn last evening.  Maybe the brief rain that came in the night cooled their ardor.  Or not.  They did have shelter.

It was a day for piddly chores:  more wood to the porch, unload bags of birdseed, do a load of laundry...and bring the Christmas tree into the house.  I'm taking baby steps toward Christmas, you see.  By dark, I ran out of steam so there the tree sits.  Maybe I can stick a bow on the picture on the box and call it good.  Or not.

2 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wow, I counted 32 turkeys! Come n get it!

Bo said...

And this didn’t show all...some had jumped the fence & the camera wasn’t wide enough. I don’t exaggerate!