Friday, December 28, 2018

Waiting

My mother would say I'm "moving as slow as winter molasses," and she'd be right.  I see what needs to be done, I make lists of things that need doing, I fret about what hasn't been done, and do I do 'em?  I do not.  Today is the deadline and I'm right up against it.  Talk about being your own worst enemy.  Maybe I just need a challenge in my life.  It will be interesting to see if I can move fast enough to pull the fat out of the fire before the Kids get here tomorrow.

Yesterday was just as cold as the day before, and today we're predicted not to reach mid-forties.  As my son would say, yippee skippy.  I see wagons of wood in my future.

Celeste seems to have learned her lesson from her adventure in the great outdoors.  Now she runs away down the hall if I even open the door.  Just as well.  We wouldn't want a repeat of that outing.

I'm waiting for daylight and a bolt of lightning to get me started, whichever comes first.

No comments: