Saturday, December 1, 2018

Ditto Days

If one day seems just like another lately, it's because they are.  Rain and wind at night, drizzle in the morning, and sunshine in the afternoon.  Hey, it works.  The birdbath and water trough are kept full and I don't have to do a thing.  Outdoor chores get done during the dry hours.  I even have the same thing over and over for dinner.  Hmmm.  Getting a little tired of that.

There was one surprise yesterday.  I stepped out onto the covered section of the deck in the morning rain and there was Missy, curled up on the one upholstered chair.  "Well, hello there, little girl.  You know you're not supposed to be up here.  The dog lives here and if she sees you, it isn't going to go well."  Missy gave a big yawn and shut her eyes again.  So much for my good advice.  I saw her finally leave about ll, and Bess didn't.  Unfortunately, she snuck back later unnoticed.  When Bessie goes outside, she has a number of doors to choose from and rarely picks the one from which she left on the return.  (We all need a little adventure in our lives.)  After an outing, I saw Bess going around to the dining room doors, and then I saw a small cat go tearing past with a dog hot on its heels.  Drat!  Bessie Anne loves her cats, but all others are the enemy.  I wasn't worried that Bess would catch and hurt Missy.  My concern was for my old girl.  She certainly doesn't get as much exercise anymore and there was real danger of a muscle strain or a heart attack.  Because she's stone deaf, there was no point in yelling "Stop!"  After a token show of force, Bess came back huffing and puffing, winded and tired.

She spent most of the rest of the day like this.  For Celeste, it was just another day.

No comments: