Monday, December 10, 2018

Racing The Rain

Need overcame reluctance and I went to town yesterday.  The morning had been sunny and bright, but with rain predicted, another wagon of wood on the porch seemed prudent.  I wanted to do the shopping as quickly as possible because I had bags of chicken feed and birdseed in the back of the truck   There hadn't been time to unload when Bess and I got back from Mt. Aukum earlier.  It was a two-trip day.  Bess gets two outings:  to the feed store or to the vet.  One she likes, the other not s'much.  I won't take her to town because other than for the ten minutes at Mt. Aukum where I can keep an eye on her, I won't leave her in the truck

Once on the road, the skies darkened and threatened rain.  Oh good grief.  Soggy feed was something I didn't need.  Okay, how to pare down my lists...maybe the little grocery store right by my other two stops would have the few things I needed and I wouldn't have to go to Wally World at the far end of town.  I was in luck!  It wasn't til I was headed home, trying to beat the rain, that I realized one reason to go to WW was to get cat food and litter.  Oh crum.  The rain held off.

Once home, the priority was to bring a couple more loads of firewood to the house.  One never knows, and it was getting colder.

Nature had been playing games again, because by sundown she broke up the clouds and gave us this spectacular sunset.

I certainly can't ask the cats to "hold it," so a trip up to Holiday is on my dance card today.  Nature will probably let go of the rain when I'm on the road again.  She does that.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

That sunset was GORGEOUS! And I don't have a pet, unfortunately, but Tinka's renter does, and gets the Wells Fargo Wagon (AKA UPS) to deliver her animals' needs via a website called "Chewy." I have no idea if it is as reasonable as your WW, and/or I don't know if you use Amazon, but it sure does make shopping easier in some respects and for some things.