Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Yes, Please

I'll take another helping of a sunny, bright day anytime.  Even though the house was chill, I could still feel my cheeks so Stove had another day of rest.  Following Bess's lead, we went out to sit at the end of the deck.  It seems forever since I've done that, and it was grand.  Soaking in the warmth, listening to birds and the normal sounds of the mountain, watching the remaining fluttering leaves...ahhh.  The goats seemed to be enjoying the day, also.  They lay in in the grass, chewing their cuds and dozing.  As always, I wondered what was going through their minds.

Dozing seemed like a good idea, so I was inside napping when my neighbor Beau stopped by later.  Nothing like a hostess who has to brush the cobwebs of sleep from her mind to have a conversation.

Celeste is relocating one of her piglets (as she does daily), crooning all the way.  She does this at least once, and sometimes twice a day.  I don't know if she's singing lullabies or songs of reassurance, but a move seems to require music.

I didn't get a lot done (so what else is new?), but I'll take another day like it anytime, yes, please.

No comments: