Saturday, December 15, 2018

Keep 'Em Coming

It was a busy day, starting as always with the livestock.  Missy met me as soon as I entered the barn.  I get such a kick out of that little girl.  She leads me to her bowl, "Put the food in here, lady, right here."  Busily stuffing her face, she purrs loudly, but turns her head to look for my petting hand.  I don't know if she's indicating that I'm allowed to pet her now, or is showing gratitude.  Either way, I'm good with that.

Tessie and Sheila were anxious to get out into the sunshine.  Yes, we had sunshine in spite of the strong winds that had begun in the night and continued to blow.  Sheila had veered off the path while walking up to the gate, but remembered just in time and came running after me for her morning head rub.  It's a ritual now.

Arden was coming over so some housework was in order.  There was feed to haul out of the truck, and firewood to be brought to the porch.  I'd lit Stove early in the morning in an attempt to get the house warm for my guest.  I'm used to the chill, Arden is not.  By afternoon, I didn't even need a jacket.  As I've said, though, heat does not turn corners.  When my friend arrived, we went into the kitchen, the gathering place in my house.  It wasn't long before Arden asked to borrow a sweater.  Oh well, Stove tried.

Arden had just gotten settled when Beau drove up unexpectedly.  It's been quite awhile since he's dropped by.  He stayed for a bit and we three had a lively discussion.

Beau left and soon Bess and I walked Arden to her car.  We couldn't help but comment on the sunset.  It would be difficult to pick a favorite shot, they just keep coming.  I put all the kids to bed and called it a day, a good day, for sure.

No comments: