Saturday, December 8, 2018

Poor Timing

It was a case of poor timing on all our parts yesterday from start to finish.  Missy was at the feeding station in the morning, hoping for a feathered snack.  Her problem was that I had not yet put out birdseed and deer had come in the night to clean up the leftovers, so no birds for Missy.  (Yay.)

I obviously waited too long to light a fire as far as Celeste was concerned.  She couldn't have curled up any tighter if she tried.  Even her little nose is covered.

Camille called in the morning to tell me what was on the lunch menu at the Senior Center.  Chicken cordon bleu sounded pretty darned good and I told her I'd try to make it.  Of course I fell asleep and missed my chance.

Ralph has the worst timing on a daily basis.  He knows that morning treats are passed out just before I head out for chores.  If Ralph is late or doesn't show up, period, he loses out completely.  I can't leave a little pile of tidbits for him because Celeste would say, "Oh, goody, more for me."

My lap is a cat magnet for Celeste.  She rarely misses an opportunity.  Ralph is off running amok.  I have a mental checklist and will think, "Okay, I will wait until the next commercial or whatever and then get up and do such-and-such.  Ralph will pop up just before my self-imposed deadline and want to settle in.  A lot of house chores don't get done because I can't bring myself to shove him off.  Besides, he needs to floss his teeth daily.

I'll have to try harder to stay on schedule today.  Or not.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Your 4 loggers are most certainly entertaining!