Sunday, December 30, 2018

It's Been Said

I've said it before and will undoubtedly say it again...it's not the when one celebrates, it's with whom that creates a holiday.  Yesterday was Christmas for the clan regardless of the date.  The Kids arrived early and they all set to work stacking the wood rack to the top.  It was in their best interest, as well as mine.  I'd been busy in the kitchen most of the morning and hadn't lit Stove before they arrived.  As is the norm with us, it wasn't long before the poker chips and cards came out.  It's what we do.  One doesn't start out to make traditions, they evolve with time.

When the chile verde had simmered long enough, we took a break to fill up and warm our insides.  Thankfully, Stove had gotten over his snit and was doing a good job of heating the house yesterday.  After the meal, it was time for presents.  With no little children in the family, we set a minimal limit on gifts, although I will say that the Kids don't always follow the guidelines when it comes to their Mom.

Back to the poker games!  My stacks of chips grew and I'm happy to report I was the big winner for the day.  That doesn't happen all that often, and I'll take my $5.50 and gloat for awhile.

As the sun was setting, it was time for the Kids to get out of the hills before dark, and I needed to put the girls and chickens to bed.  Hugs and "Love you's" all around, and Christmas was over.  It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad you finally got your Christmas, and yay, "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" at Poker!! Congrats!