Monday, December 17, 2018

Back To Back

It's a given that on any/every Sunday morning you will find me watching two back-to-back bipartisan political news programs.  I can't abide the ranters and ravers on either side, but prefer a more realistic approach to the weekly news in politics from across the country.

That done, I start checking the guide to see what football teams will be playing and when.  I am more partisan when it comes to football than I am in politics.  Oh joy, the Steelers were playing back-to-back games with the Vikings!  Heaven help me if these two play each other.

The rain held off (again) and there was just enough time to run up to the grocery store for a couple of forgotten items for the Christmas menu before the first game.  Priorities, ya know.  I succumbed to temptation and picked up sesame crackers and a container of blue cheese.  I have a penchant for stinky, strong-flavored cheese, and blue cheese or gorgonzola are a semi-satisfactory substitute for Limburger, which is my favorite but almost impossible to find anymore.

Snack in hand, I was ready to watch football!  A good fire was going, the living room was warm, and there were two cats on my lap and a dog on my feet.  How could it get any better?  Easy...both the Steelers and the Vikings won their games!  Color me happy.

The last game was over just in time to put the critters to bed at sundown and the day had stayed dry.  The promised rain blew in after dark, and I do mean blew.  The wind stopped and it's still raining this morning.  That's okay, we need it.

It was a very good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like a rather PERFECT Sunday!!!